HIV Mythbusters provides information to assist in the reduction of HIV transmission and the medical consequences of HIV/AIDS by assuring students receive medically and scientifically accurate facts.
HIV Mythbusters assemblies mix scientific findings, medical research, the cold, hard truth, creative media, and a distinguished sense of humor to create a signature style of age-appropriate teaching.
All assemblies are 45 minutes in length and can be tailored to meet the specific needs of your students or group.
Teaching method: video clip
Top Ten Myths about HIV/AIDS exposed
- One--I can get HIV by being around people who are HIV positive
- Two--I don't need to worry about becoming HIV positive--new drugs will keep me well
- Three--I can get HIV from mosquitoes
- Four--I'm HIV positive--my life is over
- Five--I can't have more than one sexually transmitted disease (STD) at a time
- Six--I'm straight and don't use IV drugs--I won't become HIV positive
- Seven--If I'm receiving treatment, I can't spread HIV
- Eight--We both are HIV positive--there's no reason for us to practice safer sex
- Nine--I can't get HIV--I'm on the pill
- Ten--You can't get HIV from oral sex
Teaching methods: story telling, object lessons, discussion, and video clips.